Monday, April 10, 2017

Class 3- Adding & Subtracting

I was most impressed with my friends in class 3 during our numeracy lesson when we learned to add and subtract using the math blocks. We started with addition as we are more familiar with that concept. I select a flash card with a simple addition math problem and then showed the children how to use the blocks to find the answer. As always, my little mathletes were engaged and with a little guidance they were well on their way to doing this on their own. Then, out came the substation problem...once again, with a little help they nailed it! As we know, math is all around us. With a little practice at home I have no doubt that these little darlings will have mastered the skill of adding and subtracting well before they head off to school. Amazing!




No comments:

Post a Comment